This recipe serves 6 people. This is a Mediterranean Diet recipe which can be good for your health.
For the meatloaf:
● 1 kg of Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken
● 1 Egg
● 1/3 cup of Marinara (tomato) Sauce
● 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
● 1/2 cup of Breadcrumbs
● 2 Tbsp of Grated Onion
● 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
● 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan
● Salt to taste
For the topping:
● About 1 cup of Marinara (plain tomato) Sauce
● 3/4 cup of Shredded Mozzarella
● Freshly grated Parmesan
- Set your oven to 190°C, line a baking sheet with some aluminium foil and
drizzle a little olive oil in the centre so that the meatloaf doesn’t stick.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of your ingredients for the meatloaf until well
combined and form into a loaf on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatloaf for 40 minutes then top it with the remaining marinara
sauce and cheeses and pop it back in for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese
is bubbly and melted
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.