This recipe serves 2 people. This is a Mediterranean Diet recipe which can be good for your health.
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
2 small onions
4 garlic cloves
Sun Dried tomatoes
Pitted black olives
2-3 slices of bread without the crust
Half bowl milk
1 teaspoon pesto
8-10 Pitted black olives
10 cherry tomatoes
- Cut the aubergine into 2 halves. Add a dash of salt and let it sit for around 30
minutes to remove the bitterness.
- Once the 30 minutes have passed, rinse the aubergines from the salt. Using a
sharp knife cut in a crisscross pattern along the entire surface of the
aubergine flesh (around 1 cm deep), but do not cut in deep enough that it
reaches the skin.
- Brush the surface with olive oil, Italian herbs and pepper. Grill the aubergines
until you are able to scoop out the flesh from the skin with a spoon.
- Remove the flesh of the aubergine from the skin with a spoon and put it in a
separate bowl and set aside. Set the 2 aubergine shells aside.
- Dice 1 small onion into small cubes and 2 garlic cloves into small pieces.
Chop the sun dried tomatoes, anchovies.
- Fry the onion and garlic until golden. Add the bay leaves, anchovies, sun dried
tomatoes and a dash of olive oil and stir continuously.
- Wet the slices of bread without the crust in a little bit of milk and add to the
- Add the pesto, basil and the flesh of the aubergines you had set aside. Add
the capers and olives and keep on stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and fill in the aubergine shells with the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a baking tray dice 1 small onion and 2 garlic
cloves. Chop the cherry tomatoes into halves. Add a dash of salt and pepper
and olive oil as well as some italian herbs and put in the oven until the cherry
tomatoes are almost cooked.
- Finally, put the stuffed aubergines in the baking tray on top of the onions and
tomatoes and let it cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the top of the
mixture is golden and the aubergines are tender.