• “Erectile dysfunction is a sign of lower virility”
False. The virility of a man cannot be measured on the basis of the hardness of his erection.
• “You should always have an erection in the morning when you wake up.”
False. Although the presence of an erection on waking gives a sign of good functioning of the erectile system, it is normal for men not to have an erection every time they wake up.
• “Masturbation causes erectile dysfunction.”
False. Masturbation is not a cause of erectile dysfunction.
• “Early ejaculation is a symptom of erectile dysfunction.”
False. Early ejaculation (often referred to as premature ejaculation) is not directly associated with erectile dysfunction.
– Matthew Bartolo is a counsellor specialising in sex & relationships. He sees individuals and couples with issues related to sexuality, sex, and relationships. He can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org